Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - no forward gears on my 4L60e, what up...
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by old yukon
Thanks Crosley for the no sugar coated bitter pill, you have saved me a big headache i bet.

Short and to the point is the way i give advice also, not waisting anyones time.

Just for curiosity what do you think is gone on it, (i know how long is a piece of string..) buy generally speaking what does it sound like ?

Yep it is the same 200+k mile one.

Old Yukon
You ask questions, I answer the best I can.

I did not save you anything. You need a trans rebuilt and it ain't cheap for parts and labor. Mistakes are expensive

some more straight talk:

i;ve done this work for decades. I've answered tech questions on line for 12 - 14 yrs.

I've heard many of the same questions from vehicle owners in person and online:

Why was the trans fine yesterday?
Why did the trans just quit at the stop lite?
Why would this happen after only 243k miles?
Why does it only back up?
Why does it only change gears once then quit?
Why ..... yada yada yada yada?
Why can't anyone tell me the simple answer?
Why did it only slip once then quit?

Drop the pan again, put more filters on it... add some brake fluid, add some Seafoam , add some Lucas stuff.... if you like.

If you R&R the unit yourself, be careful.

Chances are you will break the neutral safety switch trying to unplug connectors

I gave you my opinion and always remember my opinion is worth what you paid for it.