Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - No idea where to begin
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanked 1,013 Times in 849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchevy89 View Post
Hey everyone joined 3 forums and no one ever replies but who knows ill try again Ive got a 73 vega my father gave to me after he suddenly lost all intrest in. Which seems to be a joke on me with figuring out what to do with the frame since its an h body. So my question is what do I do/need to get the frame and suspension together. Ive never built a car from scratch before just figured it would be nice to get the experience since I love cars and racing. Anyway as the car sits at this moment I have a body frame worthless suspension and tires. Where do I start?
Well, I would start by taking an inventory of what you have, like Vinnie suggested. Write down what's there and take lots of pics. Post the pics on here. Nobody can give you useful information until we know what you have to work with. Bob made the point that the car is probably worthless to you and he may be right. You may be better off selling it and getting into another make/model. We won't know until we see what you have.

Quite a lot of what I learned as a young man was hanging out with fellows at the drag strip and with club members who had been there, done that. I also read everything I could get my hands on. I learned early on that money does not grow on trees and that I would need to budget my projects to X dollars a week or X dollars a month in order to get through the whole mess and still pay rent and buy groceries. I remember saving up 50 bucks a week for 10 weeks to buy a pair of Aldan Eagle coil/over shocks for the front of a roadster I was building.