Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - No juice,won't start- 348 chevy
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:41 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

No juice,won't start- 348 chevy

I have this kar hooked up to 12 volts,,,,,,it turns over fine, The wire looks small in dia; into the distributor; stock points type. Coil is wired right as far as the minus sign on the coil goes to the dist; + goes to 12 volt. I hooked up a switch to a new wire from the+post on the bat,to the + side of the coil. Then i turn the "key" inside the kar. i still don't get 12 volts. This old 60 chevy has set out in a woods for 9 years or so. It was said to have been driven in there, while it was running and just turned of. Divorces make guys do these things , The motor looks good, but the kar has been a home to two dead skunks, thousands of mice. It has had the seats totaly eaten away. Back to the kar. I figure maybe somebody wants this motor for restoration . the original turbo glide is still there .Anything you can do to point me in the right direction will be very graeful on my side bob s I have built hotrods all my life [long *** time]'but am starting to forget the many procedures it takes to get an engine running