Hot Rod Forum banner

No more hot starter problems for me.

877 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  NEW INTERIORS 
#1 ·
Goodbye to hot start problems. Best buy I've ever done...
And yes, it cost 3 times more than a "3 hp" Ebay starter.
But it's much more than 3 times better.

See less See more
#3 ·
Until now I have had an "Ebay ministarter".
It hadn't much power left after 3700 miles and 3 seasons of use.
The Powermaster starter actually weights 1 lbs less, but feels a lot more massive built, and the sound is totally different.

I have of course checked the alternator and all wires and connections included ground. The battery was new this spring.

The first weekend after the starter change,I drove the '34 to a music festival. The check-in procedure was slow with lots of start and stop. The electric fan kicked in all the time.

The new starter worked as a breeze. It didn't even slow down a bit.

#4 ·
I don't remember the gauge sizes I used. But i followed the advices from a friend of mine that is an electrician and a car guy.
Battery- starter- and ground cables were bought locally and are of good quality.
The rest of the wires is an EZ wiring harness kit.

#6 ·
I think it's a TCI geared starter on my 351W... with a stock style starter, crank it 4 or 5 times and the battery is dead... with the ministarter, crank as many times as you need and the battery never seems to go dead... has more cranking torque, but uses much less electricity... and for most street engines can use thinner wires!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.