Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - No more U.S. General compressor
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 05:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

No more U.S. General compressor

I noticed the black U.S. General compressors at HF have apparently been replaced by nearly identical "Central Pneumatic" models, I didn't get a chance to look them over but there were two of the U.S. General units still on the floor along with a bunch of smaller Central Pneumatics. I asked one of the sales guys there about them and he said they get them from a different place now but I don't know if he really knows because he didn't seem to know anything about the U.S. Generals being American built.These American built re-badged Belaire compressors sold as U.S. General at HF had to be one of the best bargains going for a home shop/light industrial duty compressor and I have often wondered how they sold them so cheap but it looks like the good deal may be over now.

These things were way better quality than what is normally expected from HF and I sure hate to see them replaced with Chinese junk but HF has to keep up their reputation I suppose.