Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - no power/backfire through carb/timing? 355 build
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 05:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

thanks 454, we will have to give that a go, it seems the more i crank the initial up at idel w/ vac advance unhooked, the better it sounds but it idles up more and more, normal i guess. 48 total isnt too much? i was just going off of word of mouth and stuff i read that said to try and stay around 34 -36 total timing, but im up for anything at this point. it will be a few days before we can actually try some of this stuff but ill keep you posted, i did pull the carb off today and took the top cover off and looked in it, there was some junk in the bowls from dirty fuel, and the accelerator pump looked ok, the end of it was kinda cocked to one side but you could straighten it out, i guess its on a sort of a pivot, but other than that to the untrained eye, nothing looked out of order, the floats were even as well right around 7/16. so the carb doesnt seem to be the issue, unless its too small of jetting or something

anywho, as always i appreciate your help, and if anyone else has anything to add feel free to help.

thanks again

matt.