Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - no spark at sparkplug
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 04:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy no spark at sparkplug

1967 CHEVY PICKUP 350 V8; HOLLY DOULBE PUMPER MOD 4776 650 CFM NEW CARB 1000 MILES AGO. A Mallory 8-mm silicone suppression ignition wires. Truck has rear jets stuck open used my screwdriver handle and hit rear bow, which made the fuel flow, stop. Engine ran good after that.

I noticed rust on spark plugs so I R&R plugs Ac delco R455ts with Champion 25 RV17YC .035.
I ALSO PUT DIELECTRIC CONNECTOR GREASE 100% SILICONE on the plugs inside the connector caps. Now the Engine will not start. Battery is fine. Gas flow is good. So I have cleaned plugs and connectors with denatured alcohol pure and also with QD electronic cleaner than I blew out connectors with air. I have removed the wire from a spark plug and turned over the engine no spark jumping from the cap to plug. What should I do next! The mechanic that worked on the vehicle has left the island and the mechanic I took the truck to recently thinks I need to rebuild the carburetor. The distributor has the coil inside.