Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - No Starting Chevy V-6
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 03:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Update on "No Starting Chevy V-6"

Well guys, I think I got the title wrong on this one. Should have been "Dieing Chevy V-6 After It Gets Almost Warmed Up" What it's doing is starting right up when it's cold or cool. When I let it run awhile, it will load up (seems to me) and die when it is about 180 degrees. 195 is normal. Got an aneliser (sp) that reads "Trouble Codes." One time it said it had two codes. 1 #15, "Cooling Sinser To Low" and a #32 "EGR Failure." I disconnected the battery, to reset the everything on the truck computer and retested twice more and both times it just says #15 "Cooling Sinser To Low." Each time, I have to let it cool down to get it started again. Have been talking to a few friends and people at the parts houses and I got "MAP", "EGR Valve and Selenoid Module", "Cat. Converter" and the "ICM" (Ingnition Control Module" on the distributer, is bad. I don't want to just get a new one of each, although I will if needed, unless I have to. Anyone have any thoughts on this?