Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Non-flammable/explosive engine parts cleaner
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian4life218 View Post
I am looking for a solution to clean parts that does not give off flammable/explosive fumes. I am currently living in an apartment that has a basement where I can assemble heads and such. Only problem is the gas furnace is also in the same area and don't want to have any mishaps with fumes. I normally would use the parts cleaner I have at my parents but that is not an option since I now live over an hour away and want to be able to assemble heads etc without having to drive all the way back there. Any suggestions?
I used to work with a guy that swore by zep in big blue and yellow barrels. But i am not sure if its dangerous or not i would say yes. Since your working in other peoples work area better skip the engine assembly in the common area. If the people smell gas they will call the fire department and they will evac the building. Or any other smell they cant identify. Either way some one will be a first class jerk and screw things up for you best to keep the roof over your head and deliver pizzas for extra machine shop money for assembly and hot tank. If you get free pizzas give them to the machine shop guys. Sometimes its best not to save a buck.

And if you do blow up the boiler it will be your last cheap rental.

Maybe they will let you buy a shed and keep it locked up in the corner of the parking lot if parking is not an issue.