Hot Rod Forum banner

Non Hotrod Brake Question 1993 S-10

734 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  yesgo 
#1 ·
Been having a small problem on my 1993 S-10 Blazer. Just started doing this all of a sudden. When I first back it out in the morning and stop at my first stop sign (about 100 ft) the brakes will all of a sudden grab and lock up especially the right rear, with the smallest amount of brake pedal applied.
Before I back it out seems if I pump the brakes a few times it doesn't seem as bad or not at all. The rest of the day seems to be ok,only after it sits like overnite it does this. Haven't had time to check everything out took a quick look around tires didn't notice any fluid or leaks, my thought is could the power brake booster is going bad?,, just a thought, any ideas. Thanks.

#3 ·
Take the durn wheels off and look! ;)
Definitely could be a leaky axle seal or cylinder.
Even just a stuck adjuster could do that because of the angle of the shoes... or weak shoe springs... or worn shocks (doubtful)... ...
Do a thorough inspection.

There is a service bulliten on the Ranger for early morning lockup due to type of lining material... so even that could be it if you find no other culprit. I would hope not on a Chevy though ;)
They have their own problems.
S10s liked to leak axle seals. Even if very slightly you will see telltale signs of dark staining on the drums, or hair-like resin around the shoes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.