nostalgia piece; work in progress - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

nostalgia piece; work in progress

so the car that started it all for me, was my father's '72 400 road runner. i never actually got to see the car for myself, as he gave it to my uncle (then got stolen weeks later) before i was born, but always was fascinated by the stories he'd tell.

these cars always held a special place in my heart, and growing up in NYC you didn't see many road runners around, and if you did they were usually 68-71's. it was rare i'd spot a '72 like his.

anyway, it was torred red with the tank tracks.. and so for his birthday last year i began painting it for him. it's a graphic painting, from scratch. i use a wacom cintiq 20.1wsx, so it's like using a pen to create everything as you draw directly on the screen.

anyway, here's what i have so far, it's actually close to being done (well, as close as it can be haha). he's seen it in progress stages, and is very pleased with it i can't wait till i finalize it and have it sent to a printing shop and then framed to give to him!

any feedback is great, i don't mind constructive criticism, but please keep in mind this is still a work in progress, so a lot of it is still rough and unshaded.

oh, and because i always start things without finishing them, here's a sketch i scanned and inked of a 40's coronet piece that plan to fix the perspective on (i'm aware it's totally off, haha i wasn't using any references and suffered because of it haha).

and yet another piece, that i started hand sketching, and never finished.. it's a 'cuda meant to look somewhat like a fish in water, like those popular koi tattoos you see here and there:

that's all for now, hopefully i'll finish these 3 pieces some day, along with 2 other car pieces i started, and not to mention others i've done for clients, blargh hah.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 05:36 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

It's pretty cool peice you did there, nice work on the smoky scene. Hope to see it finished also here, jump into one of our contests also, it's all in fun !!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Nice Work! Jump into the contest, I would give up a few toes to have the skill you guys have with the art. (I would give up the proverbial arm and leg but it would be hard to draw with one arm and standing on one leg.. )
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 AM

Last journal entry: A years worth of catching up
Last photo:

Nice work! I love the concept of a cuda in a coy fish style tattoo.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.