Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Nostalgia racing in CA central valley
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just got an email from Rocky and the Eagle Field fundraising race has been postponed one week due to track conditions (still too much dampness in the ground from winter rains.) The event has been set for Feb. 16. Unfortunately, I can't make the 16th myself but sure hope some of you can.

And you are right Brian. There will hopefully be many more events at this strip. Particularly fun for us older guys who grew up with this type of racing.

Also, Brian, totally off the subject but since your son is also in the business, thought I would pass along that my son, Vaughn, (who you met when we all went to the Half Moon Bay show) will be playing the Fillmore on Feb. 22. Sort of a nostalgia event of a little different nature. He'll be playing on the same stage as did The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, The Who, Elton John, Janis Joplin, The Grateful Dead about every a zillion other bands in the years since. It's a major milestone for the band so Dorothy and I already have our tickets.