Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Not a bad tool box for harbor freight
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

casters are cheap there ,I bought 4 air tire casters for a body dolly at 10.00 ea, they worked great to roll around my camaro while I restored it ,the air tires roll right over bolts and other trash that'll stop solid wheels dead in their tracks...
If your waiting for prices to come down, forget it ,they hit bottom about four years ago and have been slowly rising ever since ...I went to pidgon forge for the car show and it was the very first time I ever saw an outlet with tools so cheap or any kind of Chinese tool discount store and I went crazy with deals like an adjustable tork (where the heck did the spell check button go) reversable air screw driver for 4.99 and ended up spending a couple hundred dollars I still got most of them) and still use them every day at my body shop (prefect for the hobbiest)later on I got the HF E wheel for around 200.00 and it opened a whole new world to me , the world of metal shaping and I feel like a kid again ( cant learn enough ,fast enough).Even buying an old used one was completely out of the question 1500.00 min..so I started collecting all the stuff to make one of my own...(big mistake) I had some small casters from an old floor jack for my anvil wheels and it never would have worked because I never used one ,just saw some pics of them and thougt..I can make that. It wouldnt have worked at all and I would have completely lost intrest ,thinking it was too far over my head.(I'm a bit of an idiot) ...thanks to HF and their cheap tools got got a foot in the door of the metal shaping world...Unfortunately I am completely addicted to it now and thanks to sites like metalmeet .com and all metal I'm now ready to build a real E wheel that works ,not to mention my powerd bead rollerand a few other goodies...

I was in HF just today to buy the 5' extended die grinder and had to pay 49.99 but I had to have it for one particular job ...I noticed the same screw driver i bought for 4.99 a few years ago was now on sale for 19.99..The economy is getting better looking forward to the next prez so dont wait to get that 800.00 box but get the 20% off coupon and enjoy ,it'll never be this cheap again

Last edited by deadbodyman; 07-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.