Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - not enough hardner
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

not enough hardner

Last night I glassed the seem of the fenders that I just spit and widened. On the first fender I used a moderate amount of hardener thinking that I may need extra time to work. The color of the Bondo brand long hair fiber glass resin did change after adding the bondo and I did mix it real well. On the second fender I was more confident so I used quite a bit of hardner. The color went from green to brown and it set up in about 30 minutes. I sanded it down and now she is ready for bondo filler. the first fender stayed tacky for about two hours. I started to worry, but then I realized that it was getting harder than a brick. At three hours she was still very very slightly tacky but definitely as hard as the second fender. I turned up the heat in the garage and it seemed to help. This morning I checked the fender and the tackyness is almost gone. Am i good to go or do I have to try and remove all that glass. I dont think it's gonna just come out. This stuff is tuff, not at all like regular filler. Obviously there was enough hardener to start the curing process or else it would still be soggy.