Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Not exactly interior-convertible top sewing
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Paul Marion

Last journal entry: 1935 Plymouth Pj coupe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Re: Convertible top

Ye, I saved a ton of $ by buying a 50 Wayfarer convertible that someone had attempted a 2" chopped top. Needless to say, I had to make my own side window frames, fab my own (one of a kind) 3 dimentinally shaped header & reconfigured all of the brackets. Even if I could find a top for this car, it wouldn't fit the contour. I've had good luck with interiors & have recently pulled off a nice headliner for my 35 coupe. Those headliners are tricky esp the ones that require making your own header bows & include numerous tucks in order to curve around the back to meet the sail pannels. The hours involved will definitely merit buying a new one next time. I've been offered to put this car in a magazine however, have put it off ( refusing to shell out 2k ) for someone else to do it. Since then I've almost completed another car. I appreciate any suggestions. This is a 1950 Wayfarer (small 3 passenger type) only front seats. It's a small top & doesn't require the extra pivot point of full sized convertibles. Anyway, I typed this up twice now. I hope this one goes through. For some reason the photo isn't going through. It's probably larger than jpg format. Later Paul.