Not to get off on a rant here... but: - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2003, 02:32 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Advertisement

Last edited by Gen3_with_455; 07-19-2004 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2003, 04:52 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I just give advise off the top of my head. If the people don't like what I have to say, too bad. They don't have to take my advise. If Im sure that I don't know the answer to something, I wont give advise. No sense giving BS, is there?
I have been a hot rodder since the mid 60s, whether it being with model cars when I was a kid, or real cars when I got old enough. I must admit that I am kind of stuck in that era. My newest vehicle right now is an 83.
Harry
51 Ford pickup
62 Pontiac
77 Dodge camper van
78 Zepher
83 Blazer

Budget RVs
Old 11-05-2003, 04:52 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Gen...I have read thru every posting that you have made and did not see one thing where you got your chops busted for any replies that you made. As a matter of fact it seems that your answers were quite helpful.

Quote:
Please don't take this as a flame, I'm just getting tired of seeing the same thing on all of the boards I post at (and getting worse here): "Please help with..." & "That's not what I wanted to hear, help me some other way!"... If we wanted that, we'd stay at the shops and actually TALK to the customers

If you want to hotrod, than get to it -- that means READ, STUDY, LEARN, READ some more, STUDY some more, LEARN some more, TWEAK a little READ, STUDY... ad nausium. Hotrodding, and even auto mechanics, aren't just something you do when your engine isn't sounding just so -- or between 8 and 5 -- it is a LIFESTYLE, one where you have to dedicate a lot of time to learning for yourself and not look for a walkthrough on every problem!
That is what this site is for. Without people asking questions and getting answers there would be no site. Yes it seems that the same question gets answered over and over. They all basically pertain to cars. Different questions about cars but they are all basically about cars. That is what this site is about.

Quote:
In a number of noob threads, the person posting tries to come off as experienced... a "know-it-all" who is making the obvious mistake, but is too tired or overworked to see it.
I also noticed in almost all of your threads that you make mention of your '70 455 and to some it would seem that you come across as a so called "know-it-all". You have some great answers to thread but not everyone on this board is on your level. Not all has your expertise. Then again quite a few has done quite a bit more.

Quote:
I HAVE been insulted or belittled for contributing!
What thread was it that insulted or belittled you. Like I said I have read thru every thread for the last hour and a half but I may have missed one. If it is because no one replied to something that you posted...well that happens. If it was a legitimate insult, it could be that the person doing it was having a bad day or could be you came across wrong to them. I think at one time or another everyone has been insulted by another person on here. All depends on the post, the day, the time, and the alignment of the planets. If it was an actual insult or belittlement, maybe we can see the other side of the story and come to a happy compromise. Not all people ask questions in the same way and not all people give answers in the same way. I have seen some ******** answers where the person answering was just throwing out a little joke but the recipient took it serious. Most times you have to let it roll off like water on a ducks back. I f I haven't given you a satisfactory answer let me know and we'll get it ironed out.

Kevin

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.