Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Not sure where to start on this one frame mounted master cyl
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 03:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Master cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studedean
I was advised on and bought a frame mounted master cylinder and power booster. My setup is commonly used on rat rods from what im told. Ive got the brake pedal coming straight out of the front of the booster and it appears its supposed to go up through the floor of the cab.
my issue isnt really not understanding on how to get it together or even how to run the lines, everything is disk.
My issue is this there appears to be no room to put this in as designed. its a studebaker body (not really much metal), and an s10 frame. When I place the whole unit against the frame where it looks like it would be the best to get the pedal up through the floor. ive got about a foot ahead of the trans cross member, and the master/booster wont fit. if I go back behind the trans cross its to far away from the floor for the pedal arm to make to. Id love to firewall mount but the header, transcross, pretty much everything is in the way. cant tell you how many times ive layed under there trying to figure out how to make it happen. any suggestions?
That is one reason we say use the frame the car came with, or build your own. We can't see what you have to deal with, post some pictures, someone might have some ideas or you might have to use a different setup.

Bob