Not what I had planned for today - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Steel Dreams

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Not what I had planned for today

I have lived on the gulfcoast all my life been tru alot of hurricanes and never really worried about it till today. As you can see by the pic we are right in the middle of tornado alley . I looked out of my window and could see three of the things up in the clouds , I don't know if any of them touched down as the power is out at the present time.
I live about a mile from the bay that is the state line between Ala and Fla. This area is where Hurricane Ivan's eye wall passed tru with 115 mph plus winds.I just ( 3 months ago) finished with the repairs to my shop. All I could think of not having to go tru all that hassle again.I know it is nothing compared to what happened in New Orleans before , and now they are getting it again. May God watch over every one there.
I have been about to go out of my mind so the only thing that I could think of was to get on here and get my mind off this mess. Well the battery on this lap top is going so I better get off before it crashes.
Kenny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	msy_None_anim.gif
Views:	59
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	32210  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Revolution Calling

Last journal entry: Poverty caps live on.
Last photo:

Stay safe as possible. Take care and throw another message up as soon as conditions improve and let us know if you're ok.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:56 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-10
Stay safe as possible. Take care and throw another message up as soon as conditions improve and let us know if you're ok.

What he said,stay safe and let us know how you are doing?
Old 09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Steel Dreams

Last photo:

Well the power came back on about 20 mins ago and as far as I have been able to find out only one twister touch down in this area and did minor damage. Straight line wind blew down two trees in my Brother-in -law's yard. As soon as the wind and rain die's down I'll have to cut them up as he can't physically do much .But all and all we came out all right.and my wife just told me that New Orleans came tru alright, nothing like before.
Thanks Guy's
Kenny
Old 09-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Revolution Calling

Last journal entry: Poverty caps live on.
Last photo:

That's good news! If you feel like it, post some pics of the area and your tree cleanup.

Take care.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Steel Dreams

Last photo:

Well it has finally stopped raining here,it has rained here every few hours since Monday, but the news is saying more rain this weekend some places in the 100 mile radius centered on Mobile AL got 16 inches.
Monday when I made my first post about the twisters,I had been watching some of them out of my computer room window,since then the news has reported that from time of land fall of Gustaf that there was over 140 tornado warnings issued for the same 100 mile radius and 38 of them for Baldwin Co where I live. The weather service said that never before had so many warnings been issued for one area since the weather service was formed.
On the cleanup, my wife and I had to go to my brother-in laws and cut up and remove the trees that fell before the rain and wind let up because my brother-in-law got outside and was trying to do it his self.He was very up set ,got my wife up set,it was not something that I want to go tru again. His health is a train wreck and he thinks that he is the only one that fix anything.He farmed all his life doing most every thing by his self and he still believes he still can.
Would have got some pics if I had thought about it but my mind was a little screwed up at the time.
The reason I am so late about getting a update posted could not get out on the net. I am assuming that all the power outages had something to do with it.
But things are slowly getting back to normal and I hope it does for a long time,and thanks for the posts of concern.
Many Thanks
Kenny
Old 09-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Isn't it something how nature makes humans look so weak? I thought about that when Katrina hit, we were so worried at the time about Terrorists, Katrina made 9-11 look like a school yard bully!

I hope all is well and everyone gets off as well as you did.

Brian

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.