Notice from the Neighborhood Improvement Committee - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Moving this to the lounge for more responses.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I see at least three "fixes" to your dilemma.

1- Rent a garage or space where you can store and work on your vehicle.

2- Build a garage on your property.

3- Move to a property that does not have all those "rules".

I have seen many communities as you have described. My parents lived in one in Ocala, Florida. Couldn't park a pickup in the driveway overnight (they had a separate parking area for trucks, campers, boats, motorhomes, etc.); BUT, you could drive a golf cart all over the neighborhood disregarding any and all traffic rules. Go figure!? I sold that place after they passed as there was no way I would ever consider living in a community like that. They also could not put holiday decorations on the house or in the yard. (Christmas or Chanukah [also spelt Hanukah or Hanukkah]). They did allow luminaries (paper bags with lit candles) along the roadside and eventually changed the bi-laws to allow a wreath on the front door.

Best to read all the rules before moving into a community like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

They have tired that here,It didn't last long here...They p**** off a lot of hotrodders.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:56 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yknot
I know this is a Hot Rod forum, but much of what is refereed to as a Hot Rod here, is really just worn out junk, people are nursing along and using for daily transportation.
That is why Hot Rodding is called a hobby for most of us!!! Not to be taken as seriously as you obviously do.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco
. They did allow luminaries (paper bags with lit candles) along the roadside and eventually changed the bi-laws to allow a wreath on the front door.

If someone told me that, there wouldn't be candles in that bag.....However, it would be on fire.....smelly ...and on someones front porch...........

Budget RVs
Old 12-19-2008, 10:43 AM
*WARNING* Idiot in Training!

Last journal entry: Jag Front Clip
Last photo:

I'm lucky enough to live in an older neighborhood, without those "commitees"...But I do sense that at times, my neighbors get pissed at my constant grinding/hammering of my truck..Even if it is in my garage....

If I were put in your shoes, I'd probably look into obtaining a storage unit that was big enough to use...Either that, or a garage away from the neighborhood...

keep us posted on the outcome!

scr8pin
Old 12-19-2008, 12:21 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

UN fortunately one pesky neighbor is a real PITA.

If you want to fight it you will need to either learn the code enforcement laws or hire a lawyer.

Here in Marion County ,Ocala area outside city limits NOT IN A restricted community vehicles have to be "serviceable"
translated
must start move & stop upon request of the Code enforcement officers request.
it does not have to be road ready nor insured.

Volusia county is different

Quote:
Boats parking/ storage
Boats must be stored behind all parts of the residence that face the street and at least five feet from the lot line.

Tractor-trailers and trucks
No tractor-trailer, semi-trailer, commercial bus, cutaway van, chassis-cab or other trucks with a gross vehicle weight more
than 10,500 pounds may be parked in any residential area except for loading and unloading.

Vehicle parking
In residential areas, motorized vehicles may not be parked anywhere in the front yard except on driveways. This also
applies to vehicles for sale.

Vehicle storage
Any vehicle which lacks a current license plate or is inoperable may be stored only in a completely enclosed garage.

Motor homes parking/ storage
Motor homes may not be parked in the front yard and must be stored at least five feet from the side and rear lot lines.

This can be read in its entirety here.
http://www.volusia.org/growth/08%20C...violations.pdf

which is found here.

http://www.volusia.org/growth/zoncode.htm

Either get it running enuf to tag & insure it for a while or find a place to store it.

You could report all the others that do work in their garages under the claim they are running a buisness out of thier home but that is reserved for arseholes that turn you in.

Custer_h PM me please.

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 12-19-2008, 02:50 PM

Last photo:

Move to the United States where you still have property rights.ROFLMAO.Where I live thank god ,it is still if you don't like what your neighbor has in his yard who gave you permission to look?
Old 12-19-2008, 03:26 PM
The Maintenance Geek

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
Here in Marion County ,Ocala area outside city limits NOT IN A restricted community vehicles have to be "serviceable"
translated
must start move & stop upon request of the Code enforcement officers request.
Yeah, same thing happened to me, but the code enforcement officer was never around when I was
home to prove the vehicles would run. So I was issued a citation, and a court date. I licensed
all the cars, then had friends drive them to the courthouse, when I saw the enforcement officer I
pointed out the 6 cars in the parking lot, and asked why he was never around when I was...
The prosecutor tossed it out...

K
Old 12-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnym17
Move to the United States where you still have property rights.ROFLMAO.Where I live thank god ,it is still if you don't like what your neighbor has in his yard who gave you permission to look?
I believe the original poster is in Florida.........so, what are you getting at?

Budget RVs
Old 12-19-2008, 04:36 PM

Last photo:

I fought the law, and I WON!!!

I don't live in a neighborhood that has all the silly bylaws, but our city does have full time code enforcement officers. The code enforcers are real leather sniffers (wannabe cops), and have even been known to trespass, without probable cause, looking for code infractions. The city ordinances around here are basically as follows: Vehicles on private property must be parked on pavement, and must display a current license and registration.

Couple years back, I had an old junker Grand Prix parked in the driveway that I was going to sell to a friend as parts for a demo derby car. As long as it had current tabs, there wasn't anything wrong with parking it there. But when the tabs expired, the code enforcer promptly issued a junk vehicle citation.

I fought it and won. I told the Judge it was a race car, and that Minnesota law does not require race cars to be registered with the state. The Judge agreed and I was on my way. I have two friends who have also used this defense. Worked for both of them too.

Maybe this wouldn't work for your situation, I don't know exactly what the rules are in your city/neighborhood. I sure hope I never wind up in one of those sterile cookie cutter pastel covenant neighborhoods.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:36 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

The problem is that there are too many people moving down here to retire.

Now they Blast into the neighbor hood throw up their house then after they move in they look out the back window & see my treasures .

Then they pitch a fit because they don't see the same point of view as I.

Now instead of acting like a person the easiest thing to do is start crying on the phone to some kind of government bureaucrat.

Next thing you know there is a county car in your rental lot {no one really owns anything in the USA its all rental property} pointing a finger at some stOOOpid codes in a book.

Now after these face less , spine less people go to far & keep calling for dogs barking ,burning leaves & treasures in the yard..... & the Code enforcement people will get very tired of their whineing & tell them they will be sited for filing a false report .

When I grow up & move you can bet there will be a thorough investigation of important things as this subject here.

If I have it my way I will go someplace where you can't see anyone Else's abode.

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 PM

Last journal entry: More on the Cobra Engine
Last photo:

What i said, is I was not going to respond to that post any more....READ

Also, the part In question is an observation, and a true one. I do not see how this would bother anyone on the forum, I can not help if it bothers you, the truth is the truth, and it is stated over and over, every day in this post. Why is that a problem for you....If I simply state a fact, then it shouldn't bother anyone, it is the truth...You must be Republican? Or from Illinois?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:45 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by yknot
What i said, is I was not going to respond to that post any more....READ

Also, the part In question is an observation, and a true one. I do not see how this would bother anyone on the forum, I can not help if it bothers you, the truth is the truth, and it is stated over and over, every day in this post. Why is that a problem for you....If I simply state a fact, then it shouldn't bother anyone, it is the truth...You must be Republican? Or from Illinois?

...And you are well on your way to a suspension for a week until you learn to be civil and can quit disrespecting others. Or is the truth something YOU can't handle?

Poncho, please split yknot's (and this post off) to the dump so we can regain some dignity in this thread. Thanks.

In a while, Chet.

BTW, I voted for Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse (that makes me an Independant I suppose....), and I'm from Wisconsin.

Last edited by schnitz; 12-19-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

He can mull things over during his 2 week suspension.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.