Notice from the Neighborhood Improvement Committee - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2008, 01:45 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Cheap Solution

Just get a temporary car port...they can be set-up in a couple of hours or less. They only cost a couple hundred..just be careful using a torch!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

Custer, I've encountered this sort of nonsense before and my best advice to you is to go down to city hall and inspect the ordinance. Read it in black and white for yourself. As has been my experience with this stuff, it probably doesn't say what everybody thinks it says.

When I moved to AZ, everybody told me that you can't buy and sell more than 3 cars per year without a dealer's license. When I went to the law library on the ASU campus and looked up the law for myself, I found that it says you can't buy or sell more than 3 cars per year and FINANCE them to your buyers if you don't have a dealer's license. You can buy and sell as many cars as you want to for CASH.

Another case in point. Got a ticket for crossing the gore line (double white line at the exit ramp coming off the freeway that comes down into a vee). Once again, went to the AZ State offices and bought the pavement marking code book. Found that it says you can cross the gore lines if you exercise caution. Officer wrote my ticket showing 40 mph in a posted 55 mph zone. Showed it to the judge that I had reduced my speed and exercised caution. She threw out the ticket and admonished the officer for writing it. The State has since re-written this law prohibiting crossing the gore under any circumstances.

Bottom Line: See the law for yourself in black and white before you believe anything anyone tells you.

This word of mouth altering of the original intent can be demonstrated by playing a game at a party. Get several people together and whisper to the first one a simple message. That person whispers it to the next person, who whispers it to the next person and so on. If you do this with 8 or 10 people, you'll be amazed that the message announced to the group by the last person will have absolutely no resemblance to the message whispered to the first person. It's just human nature to twist things around like you want them to be.

Last edited by techinspector1; 12-20-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:05 AM

Last photo:

The whole point to me is what you do or have on your own property should be your business and no one else's as long as it does not endanger someone.They may not like my old car,well I'm not to fond of the little statue of a pee-boy in their front yard and I think flowers are ugly does that give me the right to tell them what to do in their own yard?And as far as old cars being an eyesore have you seen some peoples kids?My junk looks a lot better than the 4ft tall 5ft wide female with a beard setting on a porch chewing tobacco and scratching her rearend.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,jars of poop are called art and put in museums so give me a break and mind your own business.If you want to decide what I do on my property you will have to buy it first. otherwise take a flying leap at a rolling donut.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Most of us agree totally, but there are neighborhoods that have these "standards" that the homeowners apparently agree with when they buy.......Local government is supposed to be by the people, for the people. Seems the hotrodders are outnumbered. I have never been bothered by local government in any of the 4 homes I have owned....I won't be bothered here....If you look at the picture, you can see my nearest neighbor through the tree line.....at least 400 ft away..........and, that's the way I like it......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow...Nov17,08 008 (Medium).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	35063  

Budget RVs
Old 12-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Last photo:

Then there are the people who move into new houses that have been built near an Air Force base and the first thing they do is start complaining about the noise, even though the base (Luke AFB) has been there for 40+ years.

Vince
Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 AM
build it like you like them

Last journal entry: buggmann stilling looking
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Buggmann

hey you can tell they to go to h!@@
or just get a car cover that might work to
i was told when i had my 52 chevy truck
that it had to go
so i traded it off and got a new car to work on
its a 53 chevy 210
this one was a little better it ran
so now they can tell me it has to go
but if your that far in to your ride
than keep working till its done
Old 12-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Last photo:

If you do not have a copy of your developments covenants get one and read it before you do anything. The covenants carry some pretty heavy weight with the county and state and are very difficult and costly to fight. It just may state that the vehicle must be out if sight.

Vince
Old 12-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
That broad and incorrect statement has absolutely nothing to do with the original posters dilemma, and only shows us again, what great disdain you have for our forum and the people on it.

Why don't you go start your own forum, and stay there, where you can congratulate yourself daily for being the smartest guy on it.

I thought you said you had made your last post here, a week or so ago, but I see that you can't keep a promise either.

If you really don't like it here, then go. If you continue to use this board as a platform for your condescending remarks, you will be suspended.

later, mikey
Mike, I think your wrong on this. What ynot says is not being negative or condescending although it may not be what the original poster wants to here. It is in my opinion very much on topic. I see why your being careful about abusive comments that do no good. But I don't think this is one of them. Some of the comments you've made about SB are way more abusive and negative than should be allowed. Im not saying I don't agree with you comments, I do. But isn't your calling out Ynots for his comments like the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

daoldbuick-see my PM.
Later, Mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 12-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoldbuick
Some of the comments you've made about SB are way more abusive and negative than should be allowed. Im not saying I don't agree with you comments, I do. But isn't your calling out Ynots for his comments like the pot calling the kettle black.
They both have a long history of "stirring the pot", or "kicking the fire" if you will, on this site. I for one totally agree with Mikey's comments.

Vince

Last edited by 302 Z28; 12-20-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:10 AM

Last journal entry: 1947 dodge
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefareous
Just get a temporary car port...they can be set-up in a couple of hours or less. They only cost a couple hundred..just be careful using a torch!
Check your local codes, those are illegal here.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:34 AM

Last photo:

I will agree that if you bought into a developement where the rules were established before you bought you should abide by them. It's when people just move into an area and think others should conform to their tastes or wants I get irate.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Ask me, Cause I don't know

Last journal entry: Kid Dean Car
Last photo:

Years ago when I lived in a subdivision, I ended up with a nasty letter from the attorney for the home owners association about my 63 Chevy truck that sat in my drive way. I called the attorney and told her the truck was licensed, inspected and insured. My wife and I rode together to work.

I also asked her what about the guy that had a Mac Truck in his drive for over a year rebuilding it. She said no one had reported it, but they were just starting to enforce the rules again. She told me to disregard the letter.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:43 PM

Last journal entry: Still More Revelations

A few of things I should clarify. First, the problem vehicle isn't located in a subdivision that has a homeowners association. Second, a dear friend recognized how difficult it is to work on these vehicles in sand like my property and kindly agreed to allow me to use their deceased mother's paved driveway and single car garage (which houses the 54 Dodge for insurance purposes) to work on them both. Both vehicles are insured. I'm recovering from pneumonia so haven't really felt much like visiting the City to discover what the code actually says about "all vehicles must be road ready" yet but that's my next move. I really appreciate all the ideas and enthusiasm expressed in this thread. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Last photo:

I fail to see how they can say a vehicle that is in a garage has to be road ready.

Vince

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.