Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Nova Fenders
Thread: Nova Fenders
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Nova Fenders

I am in the process of getting my 67 Camaro painted. I got a phone call from Shean the guy who's doing the work. He wanted me to come take a look at the car. When I got there I immediately saw why he wanted me to see it. The driver's fender had a big gap between the door and rear of the fender. The gap at the top and bottom of the fender were about the same (the width of 2 paint sticks. In the center the gap was about 1/4 inch. I told him I would get another fender to see if it would have a better fit. I checked out the Camaros. net website to see the brand everyone is using. I decided to buy the Auto Metal Direct fender instead of Goodmark. The fit is awesome! It has a 3/16 gap from top to bottom. Only needed shimming for the height. Shean said he couldn't believe it fit so good. Check out their website at www.autometaldirect.com. I found a Camaro parts store in Danville, Va. about 3 hrs from me that had it in stock. I made the trip that next day. I saved $45 on the price of the fender and $125 on the truck freight.