Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Nova is painted !! Pics !! :-)
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
You should be very proud of that Andy. Not only the paint but the panel fit looks great. Congratulations. Now remember next summer, You chose to have a black car in Virginia.

John L
Thanks John. They are probably as good as GM slapped 'em together in '70... I had a little trouble getting the back of the hood to lay down in the back at first, but solved that the other day after reading MARTINSR's post on shimming hood hinges. Still having a minor issue with the cowl not wanting to lay down all the way in the back, but I think what is causing that is the windshield molding clips that it it slides under must be a little bent or sprung... will be on the lookout for some new ones. But, like I said its pretty minor. Apart from that, everything went back together like it should.

Youre right, Virginia is hot/humid as HELL in the summer as I'm sure TN. is too!! I'll probably boil in this thing, but I'll be "cool" while I'm pouring sweat!! Haha I better get all my rides in during the fall/winter/spring !! Last winter was nothing here... I love cool rides in a "hot" car.

Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to novafreek6872 For This Useful Post:
John long (09-19-2012)