Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Nova is painted !! Pics !! :-)
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Cant edit the post above, but to clarify, the fan was on the left side wall... down low, not visible in pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimk8067 View Post
Extremely nice for a home paint. How did you keep the dirt down? I've done a few at home but have turned to renting a booth until I can find a good method for keeping the dust down... took too much buffing to get it right.
Pretty easy actually. Stapled plastic to the ceiling. Fresh coat of paint on the walls. Taped up all outlets. Air intakes and fan were down low near the floor. I would wet the floor down good before painting. Most importantly I kept entering and exiting the booth while the fan was running to an exteme minimum... I would wait for the cloud to clear, turn off the fan and leave the room between coats.

I got some dust in the paint, mainly when doing a piece on sawhorses, but I knew I was going to cut and buff the whole car anyway. There is no dust at all in the finished product. Honestly, it turned out as good as something from a real paintbooth. I cant spray paint well enough yet to get by without buffing anyway.

This vid shows the hood after I painted and before buffing.

1971 NOVA HOOD AND COWL FRESH PAINT - YouTube

Andy

Last edited by novafreek6872; 09-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.