Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Nova is painted !! Pics !! :-)
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Nova Guru

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimk8067 View Post
Thanks for the info... I have never put plastic on the ceiling which when I think about it is not very bright on my part... lol

I too don't have any issues with neighbors regarding fumes... just lucky I guess.
No problem. I just used very thin painter plastic and a staple gun, went right over top of my flourescents on the ceiling. Took probably all of 20 minutes. In the beginning I would shop vac the whole room out the night before I painted because I did alot of sanding primer in there too, which people say is a big no-no, but towards the end I would just wet the floor down with a hose the night before and squeegee the sanding mess outside. Then the morning of the paintjob, I would wet the floor again.

But yeah, I did notice a huge difference after I put the plastic on the ceiling. As you can see in the video a few posts up, there is hardly any trash on the hood when I painted it.

I'd say in my case at least, the biggest things I did to control dust were the plastic and not opening the door when the fan was running. I may even go buy a cheap painter suit the next time I'm doing something that has to be real nice...

Tomorrow I am going to prep an old farm truck for a guy at his place. He just wants a super quick and dirty job to stop the rust for a year or two. He want to use rustoleum (oh yeah!) and he has one of those super cheapo turbine sprayers... we are going to paint it in a big barn type building... should be interesting to say the least!! He's paying me by the hour and he doesnt expect anything special. Should be fun.

He has 3 old Ford trucks he wants painted this way, who knows maybe they will turn out halfway decent. All 3 are VERY rough, so I definitely can't hurt anything, I don't even know why he's bothering, but I'm not going to talk him out of it!!! LOL

Andy

Last edited by novafreek6872; 09-20-2012 at 09:24 PM.