Hot Rod Forum banner

Nova is painted !! Pics !! :-)

10K views 53 replies 24 participants last post by  novafreek6872 
#1 ·
Hey guys... been a long time (3 months ) since I've been on here... had some personal crap going on and the Nova went on the back burner for awhile... not to mention its been friggin hot and humid here for 3 months!!!

FINALLY got back on it last weekend and finished her up today. All thats left is minor polishing in some areas and stick the wipers on.

THANKS TO THE PROS HERE WHO REALLY HELPED ME GET A CLUE WITH MY FIRST START TO FINISH SOLO PAINT JOB!!

All done at home in the garage. :) Check 'em out... :beer:

SLIDESHOW HERE>>>9/14/2012

Andy

See less See more
#44 ·
I was going to say earlier that you wont have to worry about your next project ,it'll be your nieghbors car or someone at works car and you'll be busy doing THEM from now on. Thats how I got started back when I was a teen...
You have the eye for it and you definately are a painter I only wish the painters I hire could paint like that right out of the can.:thumbup::thumbup:
I cant believe how straight that is ,fantastic job..

#47 ·
Paint

Hey guys... been a long time (3 months ) since I've been on here... had some personal crap going on and the Nova went on the back burner for awhile... not to mention its been friggin hot and humid here for 3 months!!!

FINALLY got back on it last weekend and finished her up today. All thats left is minor polishing in some areas and stick the wipers on.

THANKS TO THE PROS HERE WHO REALLY HELPED ME GET A CLUE WITH MY FIRST START TO FINISH SOLO PAINT JOB!!

All done at home in the garage. :) Check 'em out... :beer:

SLIDESHOW HERE>>>9/14/2012

Andy
Thats a really nice paint job and that being your 1st one is really ausome. I've painted cars and now I'm painting new corpate Falcon Jets. Check out these two paint companys PPG and House of Color they make some really good paint that comes in single and double stage series. also check out the SATA Paint Guns their really good guns and worth the little extra money. Hope my little bit of info help you on your next project.

#48 ·
Night Pic

This one turned out decent I think. Tonight I went to a cruise in about an hour away, I let everyone who asked about the paint (and that was pretty much everyone who looked at the car!) know where it was done and by who... :D I gave my card to one man who needs his mid 70's Camaro painted, I think there's a good chance he might call me, this thing could really snowball... that would be awesome.

I stopped at a gas station on the way home and 4 separate people (3 from different cars, and the lady who worked there came out!) came over to say how nice the car looked!! On the way to the cruise I went in to a convenience store, while I was checking out I saw an older man circle the car at least 3 and maybe 4 times !!

I think I picked the right color combo!! Its crazy!! :thumbup:

Andy

#51 · (Edited)
Thanks!

My mantra: Block it, Block it,Block it, Block it, Block it some more then go back and block it, oh and finally block it !!! Then block it one more time just in case !! Block it one more time just for good measure... spray it, screw it up, sand it all down and start over then repeat...

That is the brutal truth of the straight body on this car. Countless hours and a mountain of sandpaper...good thing I don't mind sanding!!!

This car has been in the family since new, Ive had it almost 20 years, nothing is too good for it or too much effort... it will always be a keeper.

Andy

#52 ·
The key to any professional, show quality paint is the prep. If you want it straight you need to spend the time and in your case it shows that quality time was spent. You mentioned that this was your first solo attempt which makes it even more impressive. The power of listening and understanding have worked well for you kudos again.

All The Best
Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.