Hot Rod Forum banner

Nova rear frame replacement

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  OneMoreTime 
#1 ·
Hi,this is my first time here so please bear with me if I sound like I dont know what Im doing, because I dont.lol
I have a 67 Nova (post)that I would like to restore. The big problem is the rear frame section is rotted and needs to be replaced.I know there are front conversion kits but can anyone tell me if someone makes a rear conversion kit that includes the frame section,if not can one be made from scratch. I would appreciate any help you give me. Thanks.

#6 ·
Just a thought but, if you ever plan to put on any seriously wide tires and wheels, now would be the time to narrow the rails also... As long as you have it cut up it's no more difficult to do it now. :thumbup:
Mark

#7 ·
astroracer said:
Just a thought but, if you ever plan to put on any seriously wide tires and wheels, now would be the time to narrow the rails also... As long as you have it cut up it's no more difficult to do it now. :thumbup:
Mark

I agree 100% ! the ebay setup is the cheapest setup i've found. I'm planibng on trying it, my plan is b4 this spring.

Mustangsaly

#8 ·
Check out the front rails as well as the rockers and any other areas as well...if the rear rails are showing rot quite likely it has infected other parts as well..

Some of these these things turn out to be not much more than an outer body shell..so please just go check before you make major decisions..

Can be done with most any car to replace the chassis with something better..Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and go for a replacement..

OMT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.