Now the car gods are just being mean - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 05:16 AM

Last journal entry: Going Slow.. and steady?
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Now the car gods are just being mean

So my plan was to have the Monte Carlo done about 3 weeks ago.. 3/4 of the parts are sitting in my dinning room.

BUT... about a month ago the ball joint and U-joints in the exploder decided to seize up. That took two weekends between getting parts and pounding the living poo out of it cause its rusted to hell .

While the exploder was doing its thing (actually the same day) my computer went fried. So I spent a bunch of time recovering files and eventually building a new one. So theres a bunch of money down the drain.

After taking a little break from vehicles I decide to do a little work for the Monte after work on day. The very next day.. My girlfriend comes home with her car running like garbage... Nearly no compression in two cylinders. So now she driving the Monte because there no engine in her car and she can't drive stick (the exploder).

The day I plan on starting taking her car apart the brake adjuster cable in the exploder snaps... and there a 1/4-20 hex bolt in the tire .

As mentioned earlier her engine is out.. actually in the back of the exploder as we speak (being taken to a machine shop). So with that on the way to work the exhaust falls off the exploder from the cat back.. then won't start up (batt cable got lose somehow).

All this is really depressing me. Everytime I think about the Monte another car dies. Sorry for the rant, but this all just seems unfair to me. Daily driver are supposed to be reliable.. grrr

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Certified Lead Foot

Last photo:

Just think about all of the skills you are using and getting better at while keeping the "drivers" running. That way you will be so much mo better at it when you do the monte.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

Must be a thing with Monte owner's, ever since I got mine all our other vehicles seem to have continuous breakdowns..............
Old 06-16-2007, 09:50 PM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

Car gods mean? I have seen what New York does to cars and it might be mean making one live there.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:11 AM

Last journal entry: Going Slow.. and steady?
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowbilly3
Car gods mean? I have seen what New York does to cars and it might be mean making one live there.

Haha... yea your definitly right. from about November until April every car turn white (salt). That may be part of the reason I needed a hammer to move the u-joints when I finally got them out. And it would explain the muffler that is now sitting in the back
Its amazing how some people don't realize how much damage the salt really does to cars around here.

Thats the boat im in now Hippie.

The block and head for the girlfriends car should be done later this week (2.5l k-car motor). Then I get to put it together between a graduation & party, a birthday party and concet 2.5 hrs away this weekend.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.