Hot Rod Forum banner

Now this take the cake

998 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Kevin45 
#1 ·
I live in a sub-division and the houses are kinda close. One neighbor across from me is a prison guard and she works some odd hours, 2 am to 10 am. So I know when shes sleeping and don't start the truck up during that time just to be nice, open headers are loud. Anyway yesterday I had to cut some sheet metal with a jig saw in the front of the shop/garage. Well this other neighbor kitty corner from me comes over and says I'm making to much noise and to stop right now or she'll call the cops.
Well at first I'm dumb founded, then I cut loose. I "nicely and politely" explained to her how the whole neighborhood enjoys her sons car, 302 Mustang with flowmasters, sitting in the driveway running for an hour or more for no reason with the radio full blast for everyone to hear. And how much we appreciate her daughter and friends when they sit out front in the driveway with the boom box going full blast. But the best thing we enjoyed was when her son comes home at 1,2, or 3 in the morning and revs the engine out to let everyone in the neighborhood know he's made it home safe again another night without the other drug dealers in the city shooting him. Well for some reason she got all huffy and left. Me, I just decided it was time to check the temp gauge on the truck and make sure its working right, of course it had to come up to full temp before I was sure. Took about 20 mins or so I guess. Then a patrol car pulls up and out gets a close friend of mine. Well we talked for awhile he asked me how I was comming on the truck and how the family and kids were doing and made a date for us and the wivies to go out for dinner Friday night. He never did ask about the problem because he knows it all about it anyway. Well he left and I went back to work on the sheet metal.
Ain't life grand sometimes.:thumbup: :thumbup:

David

See less See more
#4 ·
dont ya just love people who are ANAL like that.. i have a nieghbor whos kids use to play the music loud at all hrs & the cops had been there so many times b4 (other reasons) that they just didnt care. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i take matters into my own hands, the legal way.. anytime those punka$$ kids played the music so loud that we could hear it inside the house i would go outside & grab the old lawnmower W/O a muffler & fire it up & put it over by thier side of the fence... AMAZING how fast it fixed my problem :welcome: :welcome: it seems i must of been bothering them & their music... like i give a RATT's ***, &&&& guess what????? they dont do it anymore :mwink: joe

#5 ·
Tell your neighbor to get the tater out of her butt and be glad she doesn't have a neighbor with a slight reddish color around his collar, like me.

I have no problem with putting a few click-click chairs on the lawn and goading all my buddies into doing burnouts in my driveway while I'm sipping on a margarita. Quality entertainment there.

I live outside of town so I can get away with that shtuff.

Larry

#8 ·
Huckster said:
If she's sleeping during the day due to HER job there's really nothing she can do. I'm sure the bylaws are the same there as here...they don't start worrying about noise till later at night.
I think he mentioned that girl to point out that he's respectful of her sleeping and keeps the noise down. The other neighbor catty-cornered from his house is the one that called the cops.

#9 ·
My neighbor had the cops called on him this past weekend??

We got a NEW neighbor and it seems he's getting to know the local cops real well. The new guy lives right across the street from me and his neighbor two doors down told me he called the cops on him for loud music at 10am Sat. morning?? The cops came out and asked him where this loud stereo he was playing and he showed the cop a little radio he had plugged in inside his garage?? Then this guy called the cops back for the guys lawn mower keeping him awake?? The cops came out to CK if his mower had a muffler, it did and they left. The cops were out at this guys house a total of 6 time's by 2pm?? The NEW neighbor just got divorced and he can't sleep at night so he trys to sleep during the day while everybody else is up doing things in their yards? The cop finally told him to close all his windows and put on some music he liked and to stop calling them.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

#10 ·
I live right in town we have no noise law.
Its great.
Only had trouble with loud music once.
I just put on my bagpipe music cd and turned it up.
Bagpipes can be heard 2 or more miles away i know for sure this cd can be heard on the other side of town a quarter mile away.

#12 ·
aaaaaAAAAAAAAaRRRRRRRRgggghhhhh! (Breaks iron bar on Barneys head)

"I hate you...you hate me......I have no stinking family.......With a great big punch and a kick from me to you, won't you stomp Yugi's gonads too."

Stupid purple thingamjig, Dino from the Flintsones oughtta bite his dang lips off.

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.