Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - NSRA - open to newer cars?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

NSRA - open to newer cars?

Ok, time to stir the pot. First off I LOVE the NSRA as an organization and I only want to see it succeed. I love going the Nationals in Louisville, but don't have a car that qualifies- Pre-1948.

I know they are open to almost all other events, but as of this last event they are still holding out to pre-48 cars at the Louisville Nationals.

Ok, so if you're one that thinks they should not allow newer than 1948 in, please answer the following questions:

I watched cars come in that are new fiberglass bodies that only slightly resemble the originals. Are these Street Rods?

The giveaway car, the symbolic ultimate representative car of Street Rodders are almost always a new manufacture that only loosely resembles pre-48 cars....and sometimes just barely recognizable as pre-48. Are these Street Rods?

I watched as fire trucks, tow trucks, busses, Rat Rods and show room original restored cars came right on in to the Street Rod show as welcome as can be. Are these street rods?

Who can afford to even buy a mess of original metal that qualifies? Have you seen what these things are trying to sell for finished? How's a guy supposed to be able to afford a project car that qualifies? Don't tell me E-bay, buckets of rust go for big bucks!

I'd much rather look at a nice 55 Chevy than a fire truck or an original tin lizzy, but they are cool too!

So do I have to wait for a bunch of geezers to let go of the keys on the way to the funeral home or do you think I can bring my 58 Apache and 69 Chevelle in soon?

Steve