Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - NSRA - open to newer cars?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 08:57 PM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
How's a guy supposed to be able to afford a project car that qualifies?
It's not that hard unless you are talking the most desireable. I know I could find an early car from the late 20s to early 30s for almost any reasonable budget. Then if we go up to the 40s, there's tons of cars for cheap. The key is, "how bad do you really want one". They are out there.

I've never been to a nats, but recent posts on forums put the car attendance at 10,000 to ? Wow. Now, if you make it 57 & older, just think of the numbers! I can't imagine the increase.

I prefer old traditional builds myself, and those cars don't come out much at the shows here in New England. We did have one real good oldie show but the club cabcelled it forever due to the work, it was reported.

Now that show brought out a lot of cars that NEVER come out. The owners are not really into going to a mixed show. I'm bummed about that, but don't blame them. A few shows have wanted to be the replacement, but are not picky about what cars come, so it turns "mixed" and the oldies stay home.
I would think the nats would suffer if they changed the year?...once you ruin something, it is hard to rebuild it.