Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - NSRA - open to newer cars?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydeedy
As far as affordable old iron,as was stated,it depends on what you want.Last year I bought a 31 model A coupe for $4000.00
I agree that there are a good many older pre 49 steel vehicles out there for not a ton of money. Unfortunately ... 4 grand is a LOT of money for some folks. As a Moderator here, I see lots of questions about doing something " on a budget " Everyone has a budget ... some just has a LOT higher number than others.

Money factors into most every hobby. The guys with money have the rarest stamps, the best guns or the best stuff in their hobby. A lot of the time, not only do they have the best ... they have the MOST too.

If you build cars as a hobby ... for the enjoyment of building, gathering parts and then driving your creation ... ( like I do ) it does not really matter which vehicle you choose as long as you like it. I happen to like 1932 Fords ... and have been doing this hobby long enough to have a pair of them. One open car and one closed car ... but I enjoyed a 40 Ford a lot also. Sometimes a fellow needs to build equity ... in a vehicle ... sell it and work towards something else he wants. I am fairly certain that if 58 Apache sold his Chevelle ... and his 58 Apache ... he would have more than enough $$$ to get a NSRA eligible vehicle ...

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "