Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - NSRA - open to newer cars?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58Apache

Ok, yes NSRA is doing something right! I like the org and their shows. I just can't afford a car that qualifies for the Nats. Good Guys is ok and I try to go there too when I can. Same with Super Chevy shows.

Steve
If NSRA changed it's guidelines and let the newer cars come to the Nationals ... it just would just be another GoodGuys style event.

What is the point ... ???
Some folks would rather just do the pre 49 thing. I like Chevelles ( had a few ... years ago ) had a 55 Chevy pickup ( Cameo ) ... and I could look at some of them and enjoy the workmanship but when you raise the line ... all the other stuff slips in also. I am not going to list the undesirables ... ( do not want to offend any one ) ... but there's a LOT higher percentage of junk at a GoodGuys event IMHO.

There is the Charlotte NC GoodGuys event less than 2 hours from my home. It has been held there for 15 years. I have been three or four times. Knoxville NSRA has been held since 1984. It is 5 hours from my home. I have missed Knoxville NSRA once ... ( I had been real sick and had just gotten out of the hospital ).

Things will eventually change ... as us old guys die out and quit going ... just not anytime soon.

Just my nickel ...

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "