NSRA saftey inspector - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2005, 04:09 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

NSRA saftey inspector

I live in Georgia and am a member of the NSRA. I receive a magazine each month and every issue at least one article is written about the Safety Inspector program and what a value it is to the hobby, for all of the obvious reasons. The other point that is always highlighted is the fact that they are always recruiting and looking for volunteers.
Thinking that I would have something to offer with 35 years of mechanic and electrical knowledge coupled with 35 years of troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and electrical systems I proceeded to get qualified and do my part to help advance the program and hobby.
Two years ago I contacted the NSRA’s Georgia state safety inspector representative who shall go unnamed and requested that we get together and sort out the details so that I would know the secret handshake, to be able to conduct safety inspections as a qualified safety inspector.
The NSRA’s Georgia state safety inspector representative was quick to respond and mailed me the official book of what to look for, after reading the book, noting the specifics of what the NSRA wanted the inspectors to look at, I called the representative back and informed him that I was ready to get qualified. Well he said great and that he had another gentleman that also was wanting to become a voninteer inspector and would get with him and we would have a session. Time passed and I recalled the NSRA’s Georgia state safety inspector representative to remind him that I was ready for him to test my knowledge and qualify me as a volunteer safety inspector. I got the same I have another gentleman and blah, blah, blah! A few more months go by and I try again contacting the NSRA’s Georgia state safety inspector representative, this time I got “I am out of the forms and need to order the forms from NSRA” so we could have the paperwork needed to inspect the cars. Great I thought, no forms ok I understand.
Now one year later I guess NSRA is having printer problems because I have never received a call or even had a courtesy call with an update. The NSRA’s Georgia safety inspector representative also told me that they needed new blood for the area, so what gives I ask myself.
I know understand why the NSRA after writing article after article on their volunteer safety inspector program has such a problem finding new blood. Why you may ask, let me tell you why I think it is. It seems to me after pursuing this for two years that it is just one of these good old boys clubs and I personally advise anyone not to waste your time volunteering for some lame program that seeks people to kiss their *** for a t-shirt and some phony credentials. Do not like what you read here, do not like the truth……………….. Too bad. Reality check

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

I am surprised by this post.......

My experiences with the NSRA has always been positive........for many, many years. I am a lifetime member and my number is just past # 2000. ....so I have been a member for a long time. I know you would be welcome in South Carolina. Our safety rep is a man by the name of Gordon Walker. He is a friend of mine too.

You have to remember that the Safety program is a volunteer program and the guy may be just over loaded or have some other problems.....

I am sure it has been a oversight on his part. I will contact some of the NSRA folks I know and see if I am be of any help......getting their attention to this matter.

DEUCE..........one of the Forum Moderators
Old 12-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Tazz

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

OH boy a follow up!!

I hope this guy gives you the so called safety inspectors name and number so you can contact the right people in Georgia about him.

Tazz
Old 12-04-2005, 04:45 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

I do not think NSRA is the problem, it is my gut feeling that the individual is using having a membership to the GSRA as some sort of prequalifier/hammer. The link is that they are (he & wife) members of the GeorgiaSRA, the wife being the treasurer/secretary of the GSRA and he the NSRA state safety inspector representative. But I believe that being an NSRA member is all the is required to lend a hand. I travel 5 states on and off and go to the rod shows when I find them. This gives me the unique ability to be on hand should someone wish to have an inspection preformed. When my car was done I knew it would pass but I was pleased to have the paperwork that acknowledged that fact.

Deuce any help here would be very welcomed.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

I emailed a friend who is " upper management " with the NSRA..
He said he been in contact with the proper Safety people....to investigate....

Keep us informed.....

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.