Nu-relic window switches - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 07:30 AM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nu-relic window switches

I need help.I installed electric windows in a 57 Chevy with Nu-relic switch system.It works perfectly. I want to be able to put the pass. side window down from the drivers side.Nu-relic sent me this diagram.I cant find a DPDT on-off switch with 6 poles.I wired it with a on-on switch and the 2 switches work fine,but when I flip the switch to work the pass side with the drivers switch it instantly blows the fuse. I tried finding an on-off switch but everybody tells me it doesn't exist.Is the diagram wrong.I can't get any help from Nu-relic.They make wonderful switches but the guy I tried to talk to is a real Arshole.Help Please.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Deedies past projects0001.pdf (41.0 KB, 202 views)

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 01:39 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

On the digram, the switch that is labeled AB on and off, that is the switch you are having a hard time locating? You should not it is very common. Here is how the circuit works. The center poles are wired to the diver side window switch, the two poles on the left side. When the switch is in A position it routes the 12 vdc too the window motor, one side up the other side down. When the switch is positioned to the B or right side of the switch block diagram, the 12vdc is routed out the right side to the relays, the relays close and the 12vdc path is threw the contacts and out to the pass window motor, by-passing the pass. side switch.

The DTDP switch will not actually have an off position, it's function is to route the 12vdc between the two sides of the circuit.

I found this to show you the switch, you will not be reversing the polarity, for your application just routing the 12vdc from one side of the car to the other.

However the basic wiring of the switch is the same, just do not reverse the polarity, because it would make the window go up when down is wanted and visa versa.

http://www.instructables.com/id/HOW-...-reversing-po/
Old 07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
31 five window

Last photo:

PEPI,Thanks for the reply. What you are saying is the switch is on-on not on-off.I told this to NU-RELICS and he acted like I was an idiot and told me to go buy an on-off at a electronics store.Everywhere I tried they said,like I new, there is no DPDT on-off.So I bought a on-on and wired it like the diagram and the 2 window switches work fine in one position but when I flip the switch it blows a fuse instantly. What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:25 PM

Last photo:

When you flip the switch it blows the fuse.

1. Please describe the sequence, you say flip the switch and it blows the fuse, do you mean just when you select the pass side it blows the fuse.

2. Or it blows the fuse when you try to operate the window after the pass side is selected?

If 1 describes the fault then I think the relays one or both should have the wiring checked.

Start by removing the grounds that on the relay plug/pin # 87a. 86 top relay and 87a, 85 bottom relay . with that done replace the fuse and select the pass side window. Fuse should not blow.

Then take a meter or test light and probe the plug/pin on the relay that you remove the wire from, see if you read 12vdc anywhere and tell me which plug/pins you find that 12vdc

I will look at this tomorrow at work and see what you can tell me....
Old 07-29-2010, 09:02 AM
31 five window

Last photo:

pepi,Thank You very much.I did it right the first time. I finally figured out I had a brand new defective relay.I replaced it and every thing works great.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 AM

Last photo:

That's the way to do it, well done!

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.