Hot Rod Forum banner

the numbers on my GM 350

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  82chevy 
#1 ·
The numbers on my GM 350 are V02154AN

#7 ·
You can pin the block down to what is needed to rebuild it by whether it's a '86-up 1-piece rear main seal block, whether it has a roller cam, or has the threaded bosses and machined lifter bore tops to install a roller cam if it was supplied to you w/a flat tappet. You already know it's a 'LJ' (large journal) 350 and that means it came from the factory as a 4" bore and main saddles sized for the 2.45" main crankshaft journals. Of course the bore needs to be measured to know if it has been previously rebuilt. Sometimes the pistons will be marked on top w/the oversize, like "030, 040, 060", etc.

If you were going to reuse the factory original pistons you'd want to know if the rings were metric or not and if the oil rings were the deep or shallow type.

If it's a 2-piece rear main seal, I don't believe it would have been marked "5.7L". A Gen II will look decidedly different when viewed from the front; the timing cover (if present) is peaked at the top, and if not present there will be enough differences in the water pump gear drive and where the cover bolts up to tell fairly easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.