Hot Rod Forum banner

NV 3500 trans fluid

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chevrolet4x4s 
#1 ·
My '95 K1500 lost some fluid when I limped it home in 4x4 with the driveshaft out.. I know it takes GM Syncromesh fluid, Mopar manual trans fluid and a couple others, like Amsoil makes 1, but also lists 2 of there synthetic 5W30's as compatible...

what works that's not $15 per quart? Chevy dealer is out of the way, and the chrysler dealer wants like $18 per bottle, but I'v heard it should only be $15

#2 ·
matt167 said:
My '95 K1500 lost some fluid when I limped it home in 4x4 with the driveshaft out.. I know it takes GM Syncromesh fluid, Mopar manual trans fluid and a couple others, like Amsoil makes 1, but also lists 2 of there synthetic 5W30's as compatible...

what works that's not $15 per quart? Chevy dealer is out of the way, and the chrysler dealer wants like $18 per bottle, but I'v heard it should only be $15
the transfer case does not share fluid with the transmission, and for a 95 model year truck, the t-case takes atf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.