Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - nv4500 or 4l80e?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

nv4500 or 4l80e?

so i blew up my 60e today. been working on putting gears in my buddys jeep all day and finishing up my exhaust. finally finished my exhaust up by about 9:00, ready to head out to wendys for some dinner and i gave it a little juice, the trans flashed up and ever since all the drive gears are just like neutral pushed it to a nearby parking lot and my bro towed me home. today has been the longest day ever, did gears in the jeep, finished my exhaust system up, blew up my trans, and somehow made it out a to a party, im ready to go to bed.

so heres the deal, the truck isn't going to be a daily driver forever, do i really need the practicality of an automatic? an nv4500 will last forever, better mpgs, more power to the rear wheels. what would you guys do if you were in my position. putting another 4l60e is simply not an option. every one of my freinds tell me im a fool to want a stick... what do you all think?

some information on the truck, its a 95 half ton truck, transmission is the last week link, got a built small block with a blower, 14 bolt rear end, 4.56/detroit 35" tires, i do a little off roading with it and i run it at the drag strip every now and then as well, but it is still my daily driver. my future plans are to retire this truck of its daily driver duty's and possibly do a solid front axle swap, but for now, its my daily and it will be for quite some time.