Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - nv4500 or 4l80e?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CUSTOM
Get nothing less than a 12 inch clutch, and between the Borg & Beck 3-finger pressure plate and diaphram multi-finger type go with the multiple finger one, usually they require less effort to operate and hold the same as the other type.

You should be able to get everything you need for the conversion from the junkyard except a new clutch and associated usual "clutch replacement" stuff, clutch plate, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bushing, and that leave you with just looking for junkyard parts of the flywheel and all the bolts in it, transmission and bellhousing, and clutch pedal and all it's associated hardware, and the hydraulic stuff between the pedal pushrod and slave cylinder in (or on) the bellhousing.

And if you can find it, the earlier ones have a better gear ratio for first gear.
couldnt find anything locally, called all the salvage yards in florida and didnt find much. found a salvage yard in kentucky that im buying the stuff from. im getting everything from the bell housing all the way back to the transfer case, pedels, shifter, master cylinder, wiring, everything for 900 bucks shipped to my door, its all got 130,000 miles on it. i went with the 95+ mw3 code transmission because it has a 3.04 second gear, i don't want the early models 3.44 ratio. the current transmission im using has a 3.06 first and i feel its a little low, so 3.44 would not do. and for the first gear, if i ever use it anyway, i doubt ill need 6.30something, this one has a 5.8something. should work out well.

as of now im going with the centerforce dual friction clutch kit(multiple finger style pressure plate) and it is a 12" clutch. im unsure about the flywheel tho. the factory flywheel for this application is external balance and i have an internal balance motor. the cheapest flywheel listed on summit is over $250 for internal balance. what do you think about this flywheel?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

what do you think about my clutch choice? i have no idea if its good or not really, cant find any reviews. i really want to make sure i get a clutch that will hold the massive amount of torque this motor puts out and the larger tires and i want it to last too.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTF-DF024909/
its a pretty good price, but thats because it doesnt come with the throwout bearing or alignment tool.