Thread: Obd 2
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwater View Post
I was wanting something that would give a more indepth answer. I have a 01 Nissin Frontier that has a mulitable misfire code,reading that would make me think that its a spark plug or wire problem but its not its a fuel injector problem. I was thinking that their might be a OBD program that cloud pin point witch injector or be able to compare all injectors, then I could only fool around with the one that is bad. This is a 3.3 v6 and I can only get to 3 injectors the others are under the intake man./runners.I would have to take that off to get to them.
One other question,can these injectors (Nissan) be taken apart an cleaned up?
How did you determine it is a fuel injector problem. What have you done to this vehicle so far. Was the only code p0300. There are many things that can cause these issues. Vacuum leak, stuck EGR, bad crank or cam sensor, low fuel pressure. Those vehicles had issues with sticing egr valves and the egr ports plugging up. Pull the egr and check it and the ports that lead away from it. You may find they are plugged

To get a scanner that will help you determine what the issue is would be quite expensive.

Chet