Hot Rod Forum banner

OBD2 scanner

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  matt167 
#1 ·
I need a scanner. I now have three OBD2 cars, two of which are sick. I'd like to get something with real time data instead of just the single code display model.

I don't think I'll use it heavily, so I don't need the $2000 Snap On setup, I was thinking more like the cheapy versions.

Things to look for? I found a few on Ebay for $70 that read all five protocols including CAN for 2007-up vehicles, and its updatable.

Take a look and tell me what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPE...m14&_trkparms=72:727|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1309

#3 ·
just get a Snap on MT 2500 and all the hookups, it'll cost you $100 for the scanner used and $2-300 for everything else.. but you will then have a scanner that will scan nearly anything

You can get the hookups to scan many domesic vehicles and some imports up to about 2004 or so, with OTC monitor 4000's, but there going to run in the $100 range, and then you will need really specific smart chips to scan anything pretty much after 1999. Pathfinder ( covers everything ) 1999 is the latest cartridge available for the 4000, but you can get the smart chip connector to use the Genisys smart chips instead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.