this is odd - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Tomorrow Will Be a Better Day

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I guess it's normal to shoot the messenger. Try this site for info. I'm sure most hotrodders would respect the word of Stewart Components (high flow water pumps).

http://www.stewartcomponents.com/htm...t/techtip3.asp

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2004, 09:01 PM

Trees, does your little paper also tell you that aluminum transfers heat better than copper?? I am just a dumb farmer but I always learned thru textbooks and experience that copper is better than aluminum for transfering heat. And altho I do not recommend using straight water (because of corosion and low boil temp) but straight water does much better job at pulling out heat as well as getting rid of heat than antifreeze mix does. Some people think that by making a stronger mix it might help cool , but it makes it slightly worse.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:36 PM

Last photo:

OK...before this thread spins further out of control, let me address some of the points that blndweasel made.

Some folks are mad about what I said and some are mad about how I said it.

I agree 100% with the comment that this site has some very knowledgeable people. In fact I consider trees and troy-curt part of that knowledgeable group. However, none of us (including myself) are correct on all of our ideas and every post we make. If someone has a dissenting opinion, it needs to be aired and hopefully resolved to a common understanding. At no time during this thread was I ever mad, upset or personally offended with anyone who disagreed. I was looking for a dialog to see if we could reach agreement. If I offended anyone, either grow some thicker skin or use the ignore button and shut me out. When I see something I disagree with and feel I have supporting data, I'll stick with it until we reach some kind of understanding. I would expect others to do the same when they disagree with me technically. As a point of reference, this thread was rather mild compared to many others in the past.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:37 PM

LOL
Well, the car runs great now, 180 cruisin, to about 195-200 in traffic. Thanks to all who got involved in this thread, I laghed, I cried, and I am sorry to see it end.

Gotta hand it to you guys, you know your stuff, be it one theory or the next, very interesting reading.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:03 AM

Guys Guys... we cant let differences of opinion start up feelings against each other. That just gets in the way of a good debate! I was enjoying this one.

I have learned a few things on this topic again.

ASTROPS... Do you deal with Gene at Warrior Engines there in Oshawa? He runs a good shop and fair prices! I take all my blocks to him.

Last edited by Ktaves1971; 05-16-2004 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:50 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Ktaves, I have been rooked by more than one "dumb" farmer cause they never stop learning!! Yeah, there are other materials that transfer heat better than others, but who is making copper or lead rads these days? Cost prohibitive.

The military has the best schools in this country because of their method of teaching. Their educational culture understands that the human brain, while the best computer by far, only absorbs a fraction of what it is exposed to. Thus, the military repeats itself over and over and states the material in different ways until everone totally understands the same material. Because of threads like this, we are doing the same thing. I learn something almost every day and one of the things I learn is that some of my conceptions of how something works have not been totally correct because someone addressed the subject from a different prospective that opend my mind. That is what keeps me spending time on this great site and you will seldom find me telling someone they are flat out wrong!!!

Trees
Old 05-16-2004, 03:31 PM

Ktaves,
I havnt heard about warrior engines, but i am gonna look into it for sure. Thanks for the lead.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:04 AM

Yeah email me if you want the Tel. no. Ktaves1967@cs.com Gene is the guys name and he has charged me 200 bucks Canadian for a hot tank, bore and hone, with cam bearings installed and frost plugs and block painted. But I was bringing him quite a few blocks for awhile there. But he is fair and really knows his stuff.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:38 PM
paints everything flat black

Last journal entry: September 2005 - Current
Last photo:

hey vic,

sorry I got a little firey sunday... that link you posted to stewart components is really great. I think perhaps a few of your initial posts were worded a little tricky, and then when you went off on the sarcasm rant it rubbed me the wrong way since everyone in this post is essentially trying to help by contributing something.

at any rate, the stewartcomponents.com tech tips were clearly explained and support your argument.

no hard feelins?

the blonde weasel
san diego, ca
Old 05-17-2004, 08:08 PM

Last photo:

blndweasel, I'm not upset with you or anyone else. It's all good. I have a lot of respect for the folks on this site as I said earlier. I just wish I would have found that link to Stewart Components earlier in the discussion. Have a great day.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.