Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Suspension - Brakes - Steering (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/suspension-brakes-steering/)
-   -   Offset Brake Pedal Pad (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/offset-brake-pedal-pad-232759.html)

27Tall T 05-10-2013 09:56 PM

Offset Brake Pedal Pad

:confused: I have a slight problem with the brake pedal in my deuce. Before the car went to the upholsterer there was no problem with the clearance with the pedal pad, steering column and my foot. After the car came back I find that when I push the brake pedal my foot rubs against the upholstery which surrounds the column. Has anybody seen or know where I can get an offset pedal pad? I can't remove/modify the pedal as it is a major job to do so. The frame is a TCI and came installed with the pedal setup. If I can get it to the right by at least 1" or so than I will have a chance of missing the upholstery.

rustman 05-10-2013 10:27 PM

I got mine on Ebay but can't find the tag. Just go on Google and type in adjustable brake pedal pad. My problem was in the opposite direction. The new pad did help but it could be better.

Irelands child 05-11-2013 05:51 AM

You can purchase pedal pads with an offset screw hole in the back side of the pad and what I have on my '31 also with a TCI chassis - am using a Billet Specialties oval now, see link below. I also had to modify the actual pedal arm about an inch right to move it over some to clear the column. What happened then was the accelerator pedal was too close to the brake and the way I drove it for a couple years - until I decided this year to fix the problem (and after I got my foot jammed between the two and smoked the tires half way down the driveway)

Pedals - Street Rod | Billet Specialties, Inc.

(Why an upholstered column on a small pass. compt. car?)

27Tall T 05-11-2013 08:42 AM

:) Thanks for the info. The tilt/telescopic steering column is mounted in a '32 Ford Tudor and because it looks gaudy with wires and all sorts of bulges here and there, it was decided to hide this ugliness. Turned out great and have no complaints other than the covering limited the space I once had there between the pedal and the column itself.

sedanbob 05-11-2013 08:54 AM

Lokar also makes pedals with center and offset mounting holes. Lokar: Oval Billet Aluminum Throttle Assemblies & Pedal Pads

Irelands child 05-11-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 27Tall T (Post 1674786)
:) Thanks for the info. The tilt/telescopic steering column is mounted in a '32 Ford Tudor and because it looks gaudy with wires and all sorts of bulges here and there, it was decided to hide this ugliness. Turned out great and have no complaints other than the covering limited the space I once had there between the pedal and the column itself.

Understand now - I just "assumed" you had an IDIDIT or similar very plain shafted column. I accept my dope slap along side my head:nono::pain: