Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - OH poopy... Overheated and no oil...****
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 07:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

You know I almost had a similar problem with my first car.1972 C30.402bbc turbo 400,and 4.10 posi rear.One time a guy in a mustang was trying to pass me up.And I just hammered it.Revved it to 6000 grand in between gears.The mustang could'nt catch me.He was trying preety hard though.It started knocking at 5800rpm in last gear.So I let off and It still knocked and made a squieking noise.My temps were around 230.Believe it or not it was a stupid oil pump driveshaft.That caused it.You know one of those plastic end ones.I had another motor set aside that I rebuilt.a 350 bored .030 over.estimated 350 horse motor.And it would smoke my old big block.And it gets 6 more mpg.the bb got 12 if you were going 65.Anyways. I had everything checked.I had a worn bearing,causing the knock.And the squeek came from lose rockers.
When they checked it they said everything was alright still.I just saved the bb stuff.I ended up picking up a 454 block from another truck.I have an assembled long block 427.With a tko-600 tremec 5spd.It will go into a Nova sometime soon.