Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ohio
Thread: Ohio
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:39 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Since 'way back', guys have been building these t-buckets, many of them reminiscent of the old drag cars...and a good many of them had only rear brakes.

While this is cool and racy looking, despite the light weight, they don't stop as well as they could.You could use the guidelines above, possibly for the best results. Or I've seen these cars, where rodders have adapted a set of go-kart disc brakes to the front wheels. I don't know what part of Ohio you're from, but I spent most of my life around Cincinnati, so I know you're not going to be driving this thing over the winter. Take advantage of the 'time off', do some homework, and get it ready for next spring.

One thing to keep in mind, is that this type of setup is geared with an eye toward the dragstrip......straight line, no traffic, plenty of room to stop. You don't have that on the street.

In either scenario, you've got some work to do. If you're going to drive it, it needs to be safe. Don't ever consider yourself too old, especially to have a little fun with a hot rod. I'm 66, and looking for one myself.

There's a wealth of information online, and many manufacturers are quite willing to offer you all the technical assistance you'll need. Good luck!

Last edited by dalesy; 10-25-2011 at 07:48 AM.