Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Oil on 2 plugs
Thread: Oil on 2 plugs
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 01:43 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

valve seals.. that was it... gotta get some of those..

lol, no, it's not engine time... i just put this one together in November, but it's always had this problem... I just didn't get the chance to find out about it until I put it in the car and never got around to solving it...

If it were engine time......... I've got my ol' 85 305 sittin in the garage that came out of this car... probably wouldn't work as we ripped the computer and its harness out tho...

and yeah, I was talkin about non-foulers...... they actually work pretty good for me, as those are the only plugs I never change..

the problem is usually the 2 middle plugs on the driver side though.... i dried em all off, put a new one in one of those middle cylinders... i think it's #5...

and i can hear that only 1 plug is missing now.... my whole plug set-up is a mess anyway.... i just can't justify 40 for wires and I'm using motocraft plugs (all the same) in a chevy.... they actually seem better than all the champions and ac-delco's that i've put in there; they've lasted the longest.

i only need 2 wires.... 2 that broke a long time ago i replaced with whatever was laying around... one's got the spark plug boot on the distributor LOL!

but hey, it works, and when its not burning oil, it's a dream to drive.

maybe I should just take all the oil out of the damned car, that might fix my oil problem on the plugs!!! hehehe ;-)

Thanks for the answers, gentlemen.