oil change- step by step instructions for women and men
Oil Change instructions for Women:
1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last
2) Drink a cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained
Oil Change $20.00
Oil Change instructions for Men:
1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil,
filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for
2) Stop by 7 - 11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20....00, drive
3) Open a beer and drink it.
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
9) Give up and use crescent wrench.
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process.
12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms.
Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and
16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil
everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can
to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.
17) Buddy shows up; finish case of beer with him. Decide to finish oil
change tomorrow so you can go see his new garage door opener.
18) Sunday: Skip church because "I gotta finish the oil change." Drag pan
full of old oil out from underneath car. Cleverly dump oil in hole in back
yard instead of taking it back to Kragen to recycle.
19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 18.
20) Beer? No, drank it all yesterday.
21) Walk to 7-11; buy beer.
22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket
23) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
24) Remember drain plug from step 11.
25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
26) Remember that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard, along
with drain plug.
27) Drink beer.
28) Shovel out hole and sift oily mud for drain plug. Re-shovel oily dirt
into hole. Steal sand from kids sandbox to cleverly cover oily patch of
ground and avoid environmental penalties. Wash drain plug in lawnmower gas.
29) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty
litter on oil spill.
30) Drink beer.
31) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag
used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain
plug and bang knuckles on frame.
32) Bang head on floorboards in reaction to step 31.
33) Begin cussing fit.
34) Throw stupid crescent wrench.
35) Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss December (1992)
in the left boob.
37) Clean up hands and forehead and bandage as required to stop blood flow.
40) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
42) Lower car from jack stands.
43) Accidentally crush remaining case of new motor oil.
44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during
steps 23 - 43.
46) Test drive car.
47) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
48) Car gets impounded.
49) Call loving wife, make bail.
50) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.
Impound fee $75.00
-- But you know the job was done right
That is great. And even after knowing this sort of thing, I still would never take my Vette to a Jiffy lube to get this done. It's something that has to be done by us. Men get pride in this.
Why is it that in a lifetime I have spilled a Valdez sized tanker of oil but only spilled a beer or two...????
Thank you so much. I had that in an e-mail a while ago and lost it. I use that story in team building exercises and try to get people to understand there are different approches to almost anything.
OHHH man flip that one around.. I would rather do my own and hubby takes it to Jiffy Lube....
For some reason the beer just tastes better with Oil .. heat ... and in my case stones in your hair from laying on a gravel driveway!
If your gonna do it.... Do it right!
Oh the heck with all the oil change. Stay home, sit in the swing under a shade tree drink the beer while the wife goes to jiffy lube.
You get a belly full of beer,
a bladder full of pee.
no oil in your eyes,
so you can still see...
no bumps on your head...
if you've done as I said.
with your wife out of the house,
its as quite as a mouse.
You go to work on your rod...
with great expectation...
of having the best in the entire nation.
the first slip of the wrench...
catches you by suprise.
now, a knot on your head and blood in your eyes.
OK ya'll kin hep me now ya hear.
I'm digging this one up for the other newer members.
Thats why you take your car to jiffy lube for an oil change every 7,000 miles wether it needs it or not
that is good... its funny how half of it you laugh at immediately, and the other half you picture all the times you've done it yourself, then laugh.
|Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|