Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - oil on clutch and fixing sbc
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheimer View Post
okay so i took the pressure plate to the machine shop he said all the oil looking marks are hot spots from slipping. he thought the oil came from elsewhere than the main seal because the crank was clean in between there and the flywheel, the flywheel is clean too for that matter.

he said it definitely needs to be turned, so, anybody want to share how they lock the flywheel in place so i can turn the bolts? i have a round chisel that fits thru one of the pressure plate mounting holes i plan on using. got to look up the torque specs, 55 to 65. awesome, thought they were like 100! lots of fun ahead trying to put the transfer case and trans both in at the same time. i just love it. NOT. and, today is back to it's usual crappy self.

amazing how few posts there are on clutches. must just be a foregone conclusion that you replace everything. with the amount of work involved, i can see why.
While you have the bellhousing out, look at the rear oil galley plugs and make sure they are not leaking.