Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - oil on clutch and fixing sbc
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i had a pretty bad intake manifold leak i fixed last year. i saw no other leaks back there. i never use the rubber pieces of the oil pan gasket kits just solid silicone. it seemed like that was the main leak. the bolts were not very tight either. but i didn't notice anywhere that the cork seemed to be leaking, i am pretty sure the silicone was where. God i hope so, i have it put back together now except for the drive lines and shifters. thanks for the concerns. if i had changed my oil pan gasket when i bought the one piece (sweet unit). i would probably still be running my old clutch with no problems as it still had alot of disc left.

i only put a small amount of graphite grease on the tip of my trans that goes into the pilot bushing, which i did NOT change. put most of it on the front of the splines. i am hoping that is all it needs. i blew that. the new kit came with a bearing but i did not think it was worth while. what does a burned up pilot bushing sound like? i got a feeling i might be finding out. i swear! seems like i want to cut corners on everything i do. recipe for disaster.