Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Oil coming up one side only..help!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 03:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Oil coming up one side only..help!

More troubles with that 383 stroker yet! I had the heads rebuilt and am putting it back together now. This 383 is a recent 1500 miles all rebuilt 383 stroker 4 bolts main....it always consumed oil since day one at the rate of about 200 miles one quart..that is why I had the heads redone thinking the valves seals responsible.

I've just tried priming it with the drill and the pressure will come to about 60 psi and oil flow through the rockers but only on the DRIVER side..not a drop coming up the passenger side! I had it going maybe 10 minutes all together.

Now is this a problem I could have caused putting back things to gether wrongly or could it be it always ran like this since rebuilt ?I mean is it possible to think a motor running without heavy dammage while having oil one side only?

If it could have ran this way could it be this situation creating a very large volume of oil driver side under the valve cover that has the PCV fitted to then seeing it all sucked in whatever baffling it has?

Well I thought I was finaly going to see the darn thing running decently but it seems I'm not out the woods yet...

What should I do next apart throwing t out?

thanks, Ronald.