Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Oil consumption due to possible sucking oil from intake valley..signs ?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnova72
If this is with an aluminum intake, what gasket brand and type have you been using?? What sealants?? What brand intake?? Heads or block milled?? What end seals used on the block-to-intake area??

Aluminum intake: Professional Products Crosswind (air gap clone), felpro 1206 gasket with RTV sealant on end seals. Heads and blocks not milled.

First rebuild it had a felpro 1205 sealed in the same manner. I then pulled the intake at around 700 miles or so (suspect sucking oil from galley) but I did not see any evidence in the intake ports of oil laying on backside of valves; replaced with 1205 in same manner. Recent rebuild builder used a 1206 (better port match) and sealed up in the same standard manner. He wants to rule out intake, but I don't understand if the back of the intakes were clean in the past and assume they still are now that intake sealing could even be a possible issue.